Monday, December 18, 2006

Fussing and Fighting

Today I ended up writing the most dreadful exam in this history of all psychology subjects- Biological Foundations of Behaviour (sounds terrifying???...it is!!!)
Slogging for almost 2 days..learning about the Rostral part of the precentral Gyrus, that contains the pre Motor cortex associated with the Frontal Association Cortex!! (and believe me, this is the easier part).
It was rather hilarious, while me and my friend were all set to finish the portions on time! (I must admit, I did have an ulterior motive.....the DEEP PURPLE SHOW!!!speakin of which, it was brilliant, we stood right in front and towards the end had a bunch of testesterone driven males fight for that one drum stick that was thrown to us....fall on me and ended up tearing my footwear...aah well it was worth it)
I woke up at 9.00 am yesterday, rather early for my standards, as I tend to go on temporary hibernations during vacations! We started flipping through the pages of our text book...and thats when we realized, " There is NO point studying all this!!!" so, we just made things easier and DID not study!!!!and just HOPED we do well the next day!!
The question paper finally arrived...I started laughin, nothing hilarious, just the fact that I didnt know most of the answers. I realized, I was not the only one!!!! Then began my exam and finally finished that!!
And it makes me wonder, is it all worth for just an MSc Degree!!! Am I really going to remember ANYTHING i learnt yesterday!!??!!!! I dare to imagine, what I would be like, the end of 2 years!!!
Needless to say, I am so glad I made it for the DP concert( the smaller things in life I enjoy) and I should Hit myself for even having second thoughts, because of ONE Exam!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

lol...i agree! ONE exam! BIG DEAL!
a few measly marks aren't more important than our happiness, afterall. and like i said the other day, ten years down the line, when we're practising clinical psychologists, we're gonna look back and laugh at all of this!

p.s: u really do have guts!